Terms and Conditions of Study at ShuoHao Language Center
Last modified: September 15, 2020.
Here is the ShuoHao Language Center Terms and Conditions which follows the policy guidelines of the Education Department of Taipei City. https://english.doe.gov.taipei/
Please read before you agree.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On payment of fees, the terms and conditions will be deemed to have been accepted in full.
1.1 Chinese Group Courses include the Regular Course, Weekend Course, Intensive Course, Comprehension Course and Business Course.
- For start dates of courses, please refer to ShuoHao Language Center website: shlanguagecenter.com/
- Each class is 50 minutes long.
- The textbook is written in traditional character. (If students prefer to learn simplified one, we will suggest taking Private Courses.)
- Regular Class size – Maximum class size is 6 students per class, guaranteed.
- Weekend Class size – Maximum class size is 6 students per class, guaranteed.
- Intensive Class size – Maximum class size is 4 students per class, guaranteed.
- Comprehensive Class size – Maximum class size is 4 students per class, guaranteed.
- Business Class size– Maximum class size is 6 students per class, guaranteed.
- If students miss a class, the center can arrange a special one-on-one make-up class for the price of NT$600/hour at the center or video make up class (once per package, need to inform us 1 day before).
1.2 Chinese Private Courses including 1 on 1, 1 on 2 is very flexible, students can choose dates and materials which they are interested in. Besides, students can apply for the mandarin study tour ex. Safari Tour & Culture Discover.
- Each class is 50 minutes long.
- The goal of Safari Tour is for practicing the daily Chinese conversation & real spoken Chinese with the stores nearby the center.
- The goal of Culture Discover is for Chinese cultural exploration with the mission designed by the teachers.
- For the mandarin study tour, students are responsible to pay for any purchases they make.
- We will try our best to arrange classes at a time convenient for students, but time planning will be subject to teacher and classroom availability.
1.3 The Summer / Winter Camp.
- For the study plan & more details, please refer to ShuoHao Language Center website: shlanguagecenter.com/
1.4 Other Programs include Social Event and Teacher Cultivation Training.
- For the date of programs & more details, please refer to ShuoHao Language Center website: shlanguagecenter.com/
1.5 ShuoHao Language Center reserves the right to change course arrangements without prior notice.
1.6 Student placement in any course is subject to Chinese(Mandarin) language proficiency, which will be tested upon or before arrival. Offered levels are referenced in the Chinese(Mandarin) Level Guide.
1.7 Students who complete a course level (3 packages ) will receive a Certificate of Course Completion or you need to apply for it with the standard charge NT$200 at the front desk a week earlier.
PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES
2.1 Course tuition fees must be paid in full, before the commencement of the course that the student is enrolled in. Students must pay a deposit of NT$1000 or the total tuition to enroll in the Chinese Group Course. Students must pay a deposit equal to the first day of class to enroll in the Private Course. Students must pay the total tuition to enroll in the Chinese Camp, the Social Event.
2.2 All Chinese Group Course related fees are calculated by full-terms or partial-terms. Partial-terms are calculated by a start date and end date with no breaks in between. Public holidays are not included in the tuition fee.
2.3 ShuoHao Language Center complies with the Department of Education, Taipei City policy to protect student tuition fees.
2.4 Students will not be enrolled until the deposit or the full tuition fee is paid.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
3.1 The deposit to enroll in the course is non-refundable. The deposit is part of the tuition fee and will be deducted from the total tuition balance.
3.2 ShuoHao Language Center will refund the equivalent tuition fees for canceled classes, taking required notice periods into account.
3.3 Classes will be canceled on typhoon days following the policy of the Taipei City Government. Canceled classes will be rescheduled or refundable.
3.4 Withdrawal rules according to Taipei City Government.
- 95% of the tuition can be refunded 60 days before the start of class.
- 90% of the tuition can be refunded 59 to 1 day(s) before the start of class.
- 70% of the tuition can be refunded before the second class.
- 50% of the tuition can be refunded after the second class and before 1/3 of the term has been completed.
- No refunds can be given after 1/3 of the term has been completed.
3.5 Learning Material Fees such as textbooks are non-refundable.
3.6 Refunds will use the original method of payment. Students must sign a refund form provided by ShuoHao Language Center for the refund to be approved.
3.7 Students enrolled in private tuition must notify ShuoHao Language Center at least 24 hours in advance to cancel a lesson, otherwise, there is no entitlement for a refund or option to make up the class without further payment.
PERSONAL LEAVE DURING COURSES
4.1 For Chinese Group Courses, Personal leave is when students miss class for any reason. ShuoHao Language Center is not be required to give refunds or course reschedules for personal leave.
4.2 Private Course students may request a course reschedule 24 hours in advance. The reschedule must be mutually agreed upon.
4.3 Personal leaves are not available for Regular Course, Intensive Course, and Chinese Camp.
ATTENDANCE AND BEHAVIOR (Code of Conduct)
5.1 Students must look after their personal property and must not cause any damage to school property or property belonging to anyone else.
5.2 Students agree to behave properly, considerately and take responsibility for their behavior. ShuoHao Language Center expects high standards of professionalism and behavior from both staff and students. Students are expected to respect all other students and staff of all cultures, religions, ethnicities, genders, ages, and backgrounds. Bullying, threatening, insulting or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. If a student does not comply with the rules and regulations, this may lead to a warning, or in serious cases, expulsion (termination of enrollment).
5.3 Students must not be involved in any fights or commit any violent or illegal acts under Taiwanese law or the law of their home country.
5.4 Students expelled from ShuoHao Language Center will receive a refund based on section 3.4 of the Terms and Conditions.
5.5 When attending these courses or events, school reserve the right to take and use photos or videos for an unlimited period of time.
All Terms & Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.